Atlas Mfc - Motor Pulley Size? Spindle Belt Size?

Most likely the mill that you have is an MFC.
Yes, that is what I was thinking. I found the manuals over on vintage machinery, but I don't believe either of the ones I found list the actual pulley diameters. In post #4 you list the motor pulley diameters as: "The OD's of the two pulley grooves are 4.390" and 1.930". Any chance you also know the countershaft pulley diameters as well? I believe they are much larger from appearance.

Thanks.

Yes, that is what I was thinking. I found the manuals over on vintage machinery, but I don't believe either of the ones I found list the actual pulley diameters. In post #4 you list the motor pulley diameters as: "The OD's of the two pulley grooves are 4.390" and 1.930". Any chance you also know the countershaft pulley diameters as well? I believe they are much larger from appearance.

Thanks.
I know this is a few months old, but email me.....(jster11 at hotmail dot com)

Note that full access to Downloads requires Donor status (any level).

The drawings for most of the pulleys used on the Atlas machines are in Downloads. M6-428 and 10-428 are the part numbers for the 1/2" bore and the 5/8" bore motor pulleys respectively. Use whichever matches the motor that you have.

The 3-groove and the 2-groove spindle and countershaft pulleys are in Downloads although I just noticed that one of the 2-groove ones was uploaded without first being cleaned up. I must have gotten in a hurry. For some reason, the 4-groove pulleys for the 618 and the three original mills are not present. Maybe Clausing still had some of them on the shelf.

I'll second the benefit of paying a subscription here. I have an MF, and the parts drawings have been invaluable. Make even the simplest part, e.g. the little pry lever for the back gear detent, and you have saved.

Gerrit

Back