Atlas Mfc Horizontal Milling Machine Rebuild

YES! We need to see the large dial conversion! I know my eyes will appreciate this! Please consider doing a thread on this topic.
hmmm. will have to check into that large dial conversion
Me too...Me too! I would like to see the large dial conversion, too!
Sorry taking my time with the reply. Been goofing off out of the shop for a while and haven't finished the x- dial graduations. I attached a few picts to show the idea I had. The knee Z-axis part fits with no mods right off a 12 late late saddle. For the y axis, I just made a backplate for the large dial and modified the handwheel nut for length. I got fancy with the x-axis as I wanted to get the most travel possible. I made a custom length leadscrew but the original was pretty worn anyway. When I finish I'll do a full thread to show more of the picts along the way. IMG_3456.JPG IMG_3457.JPG IMG_3459.JPG
.IMG_3456.JPG IMG_3457.JPG

That came out nice !

Wonder if mike would like to get his back looking like that after I am all caught up with my projects.......hmmmm

That came out nice !

Wonder if mike would like to get his back looking like that after I am all caught up with my projects.......hmmmm

2 Things Bill,
1 - You gotta get your to do list first.. and,
2 - I get input and pay for materials.
If you can agree to that, we can do the deal! LOL..

We can work with that. I enjoy doing that kind of work. It reminds me of when I used to build special machinery.

Ok Boss. I'll flip you a pm / conversation and we can make a plan.

I have used that metallic paint a couple times when rebuilding motorcycle engines. It holds up well under some heat as well. Made the cases look like new too. Will have to post some pics if I can find them.

I really like what you did for the X axis. I need to do the same for my dial upgrade .

Very nice work on the handles and the tail stock mod is very resourceful!!
So jealous with missing an arbor, vise, and the dividing attachment. I see on ebay those things but the prices are beyond what I even paid for the whole machine.

Any further write up/measurement on those dials would be appreciated.

Those are sweet! I'd love to make mine less of an eye test - more details please.

John

Back