Atlas Mf Rebuild Help

OK on finding one. I finally got the M1-250 drawing yesterday if anyone else ever needs it. It should have arrived with the arbor drawings but M1-552 (shaft for the oil pump) got sent instead. I'll put it in Downloads when I get around to cleaning it up.

I am almost finished with the drawing for M1-570 Shell Mill Driver. Maybe tomorrow.

Finally getting around to taking pics of the replacement shaft for the Mill, been busy with yard work/ landscaping and cleaning the parts for the Southbend Heavy 10 I'm rebuilding right now.
You can see from the pics that the original shaft as I expected was a home made part and poorly made at that!!!
IMG_2713.JPG
Next is the lever for the shaft, now that I have the new shaft for a guide I am going to drill out the damaged pin holes in the lever assm., bush them and redrill them.
IMG_2718.JPG IMG_2719.JPG
Need to replace the bushings in the back gear assm too, still can't figure out how they damaged them so bad, can only guess that the original shaft must have been damaged somehow and they forced it through the bushings??
IMG_2715.JPG IMG_2715.JPG

May take a while to get it put back together with so many other projects on the go right now, I thought retirement was supposed to be relaxing?
Rodney

IMG_2717.JPG

Thanks for making time for all of us with the pics and write-up.
Man that piece was pretty beat up. Did it come apart easily? Or was it all "jammed together"?

yah...was quite a mess, made me very concerned about the rest of the machine but it is actually in very good condition(other than the back gear assm). Only other thing I had to replace was the main shaft bearings, one was packed with grease to quiet it down I assume and a belt, so far anyway. Long way to go to comp,ete the rebuild but all gears etc. look good!
Came apart real easy as the hole was almost big enough for 2 pins :) The only reason it stayed in was the extreme bend in the pin I think.
Rodney

Thanks for the reply. And I guess all things considered you'll not have to spend to much to get'er in working shape.

Back