Atlas MF and MFC owners: please help, look at picture.

Dgleavitt

Registered
Registered
I just received a rear gear cover for the MFC mill, problem(or is it) is that I have a MF(A) older version, which calls for a different part number. I went to install it and all the bolt holes line up but there is this locating pin. The co er has the pin hole and it seems to slide on but the back cover hits a casting “bump” before it fully seats. Is this normal? Please see picture.
05BCBB6A-B637-469A-B205-4DCCC972304A.jpeg9342C17D-C185-4264-80F8-717BBCCFAB11.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Any pictures of Your mills might help too.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some pictures of the cover from an MF that I sold a few years ago, i'm not sure if they will help.

IMG_2846.JPGIMG_2847.JPGIMG_2848.JPGIMG_2849.JPGIMG_2850.JPG

This is the only picture I could find of my current MFC showing the cover. Note the screws holding the MF-29A cover rather than the hinge and spring clip of the older design on the MF. (The thumb screws are not original.)
IMG_0656.JPG

I like those thumbs screws, makes it look classy. I guess I am looking for a picture of the interface between the rear cover and the “bump”

Ok these pictures may help the first is a picture of the "inner guard" from my MFC and the second is the part from the MF. Note there is no "bump" on the later one. I believe they both have the same part number MF-152.

IMG_0631.JPGIMG_2759.JPG

Ok. I’m wondering if the bumps pits purpose was to stop the swinging side cover so it doesn’t contact the table feed gears. Since the MFC doesn’t have the swinging cover, it’s bolted. It probably wouldn’t hurt to “remove” the interference either relieve the cover or the bump, or both.

In your first picture, there are 2 large holes (1/2" or 3/4" maybe) and I don't remember seeing that before, I'm pretty sure mine doesn't have those?
And mine is a MF, the cover looks like the one you sold. What does all that mean? I haven't a clue... just an observation.

Back