Atlas Horizonal Mill Rotary table

Earl

Active User
Registered
I am looking for recommendations as to what rotary table to use with a small Atlas MHC horizontal mill.

Thanks,
Earl

Sort of the same discussion going on over at
xxxxxxxxxxx.chaski.org/homemachinist/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=92917
Remove the xxxxxxxx’s

Not really the same discussion. The Atlas mill is really small. The table is 4 x 18 or so. I need a small rotary table. Perhas a 3 or 4 inch. I was looking for recomendations.

I just picked up a vertex 6" for a slightly larger mill. They also have a smaller 4" version. I'm really impressed with the quality of the table.

I am really glad to see this thread. It popped up on a google search when I entered the term "Atlas rotary table" I need one for one of the small Atlas milling machines myself. Great to know Phase II has me covered here.

If you could find a small Dividing Head you would be more versatile. Especially one that tilts. I use the Dividing Head more that the Rotary Table.

"Billy G" :))

If you could find a small Dividing Head you would be more versatile. Especially one that tilts. I use the Dividing Head more that the Rotary Table.

"Billy G" :))

Is this because the Atlas is a horizontal machine? I have a vertical head for mine though I will admit distance from collet to table is a bit marginal. The Atlas is a very limited capacity machine at best.

I have seen like 4" dividing heads through Phase II if memory serves. Quality would likely suffice as well.

I wish I could find an original Atlas dividing head, but even if I could the cost would be horrific I am sure. All the Atlas mill and shaper accessory tooling is to the moon.

I had an Atlas mill and bought a Grizzly GO727 to replace it. I bought a 4 inch rotary table with indexing head at Grizzly tools very reasonable I think it would fit the Atlas because the tables on both are the same size. Ray

Back