Atlas Craftsman 6 lathe tool post and crossfeed slide gibs 3D printed M6-304 M6-56

RockyCreek

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Printed a couple of replacement plastic gibs as the originals were a little rough. Made from PET-G although you could make them from ABS, Nylon, or another plastic - PLA would probably work fine for a while if that's all you've got on hand. PET-G is solvent resistant and tough. Print the sliding side down on a flat plate for a very smooth finish, you get the 3D pattern effect on the gib screw side, which is fine. Slicer software said less than 10 cents each and about a half hour print time.

Seems to work well, perhaps I'll later make or buy metal replacements. Certainly good in a pinch if you need a quick replacement for the original plastic.

STL files are also posted in the downloads section. Made using Fusion 360, I eyeballed the gib screw hole depth vs a little extra modeling work on the intersection point, shouldn't be a problem. Everything else is per drawing.

If you don't have a 3D printer, I highly recommend them, they are very useful. Learning curve on 3D modeling can be a little steep, but it's worth it.

Attachments

• Crossfeed gib.stl
    18.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Tool post gib.stl
    38.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0783.jpg
    IMG_0783.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0784.jpg
    IMG_0784.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 5
Back