Atlas 618 owner, has opportunity to acquire a Myford...

dfwcnc

Active User
Registered
I was curious if anyone has any experience with the Myford ML7? I also have a crack at a SB 10 (light). I would love to hear from you even if your comments are off-the-cuff.

Regards~

Myfords are much beloved in the Commonwealth. With a 7" swing they are just a little bigger than an Atlas, but just see what this guy in New Zealand has been doing with one:
http://geared-facile.blogspot.com/
They are still in business, and parts are available, and they have a reputation as a small precision machine rather than a budget machine like the Atlas. They also have some useful features like a T-slot cross slide that make them more adaptable than small US lathes. They are also small, which is good if you work in a garage with a car, and not really an issue if you are in a Morton building. Your final decision will depend on your space and what condition the machines are in and what tooling comes with them. I hope you've found the lathes.co.uk for more Myford information, and info on almost any other lathe made.

FWIW, although I've not come across one made to fit the 618, Atlas built and sold two sizes of T-slot cross slides for the 10"/12". They called them boring tables.

Robert D.

Back