Atlas 10f reverse box Help!!

Plasanator

Registered
Registered
Hey guys can anyone help me?
I am installing new gear box on my 10f-atlas lathe and trying to make a lead screw off a leblond lathe work on it.
I turned it down to slide into it and it does, just wondering how far the lead screw go into the box is correct?
It goes all the way to end of spider gear but not to input gear is that right?

I believe you are correct. The reversing box has a U shaped horn that slides an engagement “spline” (for lack of a better word) into and out of gear. Do you not have the exploded diagram? It’ll show you how it works. If you find yourself good and frustrated I have a couple of spare lead screws for Atlas 10F lathes. I’ve rebuilt 4 and have a bunch of spares left over.

Cheers,

Derek

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I just paid 45 bucks for this off ebay and the guy thought it was for an atlas.
I found an identicle one so thats why I said its a leblond.
I have a 10f 42 inch lathe with 3/4 by 8 threads.
What would your price be going to ballwin mo 63011 incase I fail at this. Thanks Joe

I have one for a 10F and I’m sure it’s 3/4 8TPI Acme. I replaced mine with a new piece of threaded rod. I’m in Canada so shipping it to you will be ridiculously expensive. Instead go to McMaster Carr, buy the length you need and turn down the end to match what you need. A quick mill of the slot and you are in business, better than new. I can get you measurements if you need them, just let me know.

Sell the LA Blonde one on eBay......

Cheers

Derek

Sounds great! thanks for the info I will check tomorrow! thanks a bunch.

NP. We’re all in this together.

Got it together and works fine and I printed out a bearing at 50% and it works great!!
Thank you all for your help! Your the best kind of people. Joe

Back