Assorted Socket Cap Screws?

Thanks Bill! I'm going to ask them for maybe a sample or order a small pack. If they are decent I'm going to order one of the big metal box sets. That's a really good deal if they are decent screws.

Down here where I live, we have a place, locally owned, that has just about any bolt made in stock in just about any size you need. They also have a lot of other industrial supplies, LPS, WS-40, Brake Clean, etc. too. It's run by several women about my age. They also have one side of the store devoted to a woman's taste. So while you are shopping for bolts the wife or girl friend can be drooling over the stuff they like.

Ok, what is the name of that one, We have a place here in SA that is Quality Fasteners they also do stuff on the web, I can walk in and purchase what I need in most instances.

Down here where I live, we have a place, locally owned, that has just about any bolt made in stock in just about any size you need. They also have a lot of other industrial supplies, LPS, WS-40, Brake Clean, etc. too. It's run by several women about my age. They also have one side of the store devoted to a woman's taste. So while you are shopping for bolts the wife or girl friend can be drooling over the stuff they like.

That's pretty cool & funny at the same time! There's a couple of mom & pop shops that I go to that carries stuff thatbtge big box stores don't carry. Still retail prices though.

I'd like to have a nice set on hand. It seems like I always need a size I don't have when the stores are closed.

I normally buy from Fastenal. They have two stores within 10 miles of me. But I have a rule: "If I need one, then buy a box''. I only buy in box quantities, that's how I keep my stock up for those weekend projects.

Ok, what is the name of that one, We have a place here in SA that is Quality Fasteners they also do stuff on the web, I can walk in and purchase what I need in most instances.
It's called Gulf Bolt and Screw. They also have a sister company across the street that deals in bearings, don't recall the name on that business.
I forgot the mention, they are very reasonable on their prices on the hardware stuff. I just like it because the women know their bolts! Better than most men do.

I have an Ace hardware store close to me, who buys bulk fasteners from McMaster Carr and resells them by the per each. Prices are marked up quite a bit, but
if I only need a few fasteners is much easier an cheaper than my ordering a full package from McMaster. Wide variety of types, materials, sizes even metric.
I have just had so so luck with Fastenal's fasteners in terms of quality. I've tried other hardware stores but to no avail, just junk.
If I'm using a bunch of the same sizes and types, I go directly to McMaster Carr.

We have a terrific place here in bay area called Olander; they often give free samples if you just need one or two. Fastenal is good but my local store is not as well stocked as some of their more distant stores.
MS

Back