Assorted Socket Cap Screws?

I'm sure glad I'm a good scrounger ---I will never have to buy any socket head cap screws--I've collected several hundred pounds of assorted high quality cap screws, flat head, low profile head, button head and shoulder bolts--they sure come in handy--most of mine came from Mc Master and Fastenal---mostly grade eights---Dave

I've made my own assortments of socket head cap screws and bolts using these storage cabinets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tool-Box-Organizer-Portable-Garage-Storage-Cabinet-Small-Parts-Chest-Stanley-New/182421906697?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=2&asc=40130&meid=15956a737e474c189e2905890a617ca0&pid=100005&rk=6&rkt=6&mehot=pp&sd=252871477726

I have on hand sizes from 1/4" to 5/8" using these. I also have one for nuts and another one for washers. The only reason for doing this was the accumulation of nearly 35 years worth of bolts, nuts, socket head cap screws.

They sure are handy! And where I live, you can't afford to go to town every time you need one!
Believe it or not, I just bought the same Stanley organizer for the same purpose , perfect for different sizes of bolts, machine screws etc. Stanley as you know has different models of these organizers ,I really like the one with very small plastic containers inside for set screws,washers,split cotter pins.
71Th5yczdjL._SL1000_.jpg

Ebay has Holo Krome fasteners listed. I don't usually buy 100 fasteners at a time, and Holo Krome is expensive, so I search out the deals
and buy smaller lots. I even asked one seller if he would sell smaller lots and he agreed. (all I needed was 5). The quality fasteners engage better
and will last much longer. I got tired of my Allen keys sticking or slipping with cheap SHCS. So I built up an assortment of Holo Krome fasteners
as I needed them.

I bought a box of 100 cap screws for $7 from Fastenal, the brand is Holo Krome but they are made in Taiwan.I didn't know it was a well known brand.

Holo Krome is sold in hardware stores in the US too, box stores also have em'
you only seem to get a few fasteners and they seem kinda expensive for the amount given.
but i guess it's better than getting a great deal and then get stuck with 150 1/2"-20 steel lock nuts that you may not ever need to use

Much to my surprise, I looked up Fastenal online and they have a store in town. Grainger does, too, but the last time I looked for hardware I could pick up there it was very hit or miss.

I'll have to go visit my Fastenal store.

Remember, Holo Krome has two series; Import and USA made. You can tell by the box color and price. :)
I've gotten great deals for Holo Krome USA 100 piece boxes, I use so many type of fasteners but in small amounts.
I also buy from BoltDepot.com. You can buy one or a thousand, most are Import but I don't always need an expensive fastener.

Back