Assorted Socket Cap Screws?

Buggy Chief

Registered
Registered
Where is the best place to buy quality low cost Assortment of Socket Cap screws. I bought some form Horrible Freight and they are pathetic. Tend to strip in the head due to not deep enough to receive hex wrench. TIA!!

Hmm, quality & low cost. Usually those words don't mix. Low cost usually means low quality.

I bought a cheap set of set screws on Amazon or ebay or somewhere. I wasn't expecting much but the damn hex sockets weren't even close to being center or parallel with the screw.

I almost bought an assortment set from Mcmaster once, it's not cheap (inexpensive). I decided not to as I find myself using screws in many varying lengths. So I just buy a bulk pack of them in individual sizes when I need.

Assortment screw sets are like buying tap/die or endmill sets these days. You'll get junk unless you really pay for them. But if someone knows the answer to your question I'm interested too!

I recently set up an account through Fastenal. Can't believe their wholesale prices ! A box of 100 - 10-32 5/8 long was $4.
Needed a pile of hot dipped carriage bolts , washers and nuts for the steam boat paddle wheels. 128 bolt / nut sets. The list price was $260, $5 less than low, whole sale was $60.
Apparently they have their own factories.

Greg

rivercityindustrial on Ebay. Not sure what you define as cheap, but I have bought both the imperial and metric set and have no complaints whatsoever.

Edit: Not the assortments in the metal boxes. They have assortments in plastic boxes for around $50 ea. IIRC.

I recently set up an account through Fastenal. Can't believe their wholesale prices ! A box of 100 - 10-32 5/8 long was $4.
Needed a pile of hot dipped carriage bolts , washers and nuts for the steam boat paddle wheels. 128 bolt / nut sets. The list price was $260, $5 less than low, whole sale was $60.
Apparently they have their own factories.

Greg
INteresting. Thanks for sharing!!

rivercityindustrial on Ebay. Not sure what you define as cheap, but I have bought both the imperial and metric set and have no complaints whatsoever.

Edit: Not the assortments in the metal boxes. They have assortments in plastic boxes for around $50 ea. IIRC.
I saw that on eBay and wondered if they were good quality! Thanks for sharing!

Again, not sure what you consider "good quality" but the work fine for me and appear concentric with good threads and head.

Back