I have made some more progress....
i started to replace the old, hardened, & brittle oil supply lines for the one shot lubrication system.
i considered different tubing and hose, but the only material i could easily find was 2 stroke fuel hose from Amazon.

i figure if it can withstand gasoline and oil from the 2 stoke mix, it could withstand just oil without problems.

left: replacement hose, right: OEM tubing
IMG_4362.jpg

the new hose dimensions were very close to the old, so i was able to reuse the OEM retention fittings.
the new hose is more flexible than the old tubing
tubing routing was a bit more forgiving than the hard tube.

here is a shot of the oil distribution manifold.
the oil is pressurized by the hand pump and enters the manifold from a 6mm hose.
from the manifold 6- 3mm hoses deliver the pressurized oil to the ways on X,Y axes, and leadscrew nuts on X,Y,Z axes

here is a picture as i was fitting the hoses
IMG_4361.jpg
i'm leaving it loose until i figure out the final placement .

i need to mount and plumb in the one shot pump, but that will be after assembly of the table.

Table Assembly:

Before i can assemble the table, i need to do a whole bunch of scraping.
i'm starting with the long, tapered X axis gib

the first problem presented itself.
how to hold a narrow, thin, & tapered 18" long piece of cast iron securely enough to scrape

so after 10 seconds of poor planning and intense scrutiny, i devised a jig :big grin:

i have scrap powder coated aluminum flat 8mm thick x 125mm wide x 24" long that the jig was to have as a base

IMG_4357.jpg

i drilled and tapped 2 holes for 1/4"-20 SHCS clamp bolts and stacked washers as necessary to get the optimum clamp pressure

IMG_4358.jpg

i lagged the jig to my bench and started the gib scraping !

IMG_4360.jpg

the jig works better than expected.
the jig held the gib very solidly.
i was able to flip the gib around by shifting anchor washers, to ensure all of the surface can be scraped
i'm taking a break from the action for this update

Stay tuned, much, much, more to come!!!!!!!

Back