Asroba/meyer & Burger UW1

Where's it located , I live for challenges . Don't have any money but have surface grinder for consideration.

I tried to resist, but I caved. It'll be at my house in a couple weeks. When he gets back from vacation he's going to stick in on a pallet and it's coming east.

Where's it located , I live for challenges . Don't have any money but have surface grinder for consideration.

b100 got it, or will get it when I get back in town.

Tell me about your surface grinder. I have one but might consider another.

I tried to resist, but I caved. It'll be at my house in a couple weeks. When he gets back from vacation he's going to stick in on a pallet and it's coming east.
Did you ever get this thing going?

Probably lost it in the drivers garage...
Sorry to hear that, those machines are rare overall, and extreemely rare in the US.
I wondered for awhile if that's what happened. As it turns out I did finally learn where it went. A couple years ago on a now dead FB group a guy mentioned having one. He sent me photos and it turns out it was the same one. He had purchased a Van Norman cylinder boring machine from an online auction and had it shipped. When the crate showed up the UW1 was in it and not the Van Norman. No idea where it had been or what happened to his Van Norman. From the pics he sent most of the original parts had dissapeared and what was left was severely rusted.

Wow. That sucks. That UW1, in working conditions, is worth way more than a boring bar, but if most of the parts are missing, its probably only scrap. I saw the prices on some European sites for just accessories, and they were astronomical.

Back