Asking the G4003G and M1112 lathe owners

Maplehead

Registered
Registered
Hi All
I tried to use my lathe today but the spindle isn’t moving. When I twist the e-stop to on the power light to the right goes on. (See pic) However, when I press in the power button the light inside the button does not come on. There is a light in the power button, correct? I was doing light work on brass yesterday and all was fine so I was surprised to see it suddenly not working today. Is this an issue with the power start button? Any ideas on how to resolve? lastly, I’m assuming those two compartments attached on the outside of the motor contain the start and run capacitors, correct? Something big is in them wrapped in a green “paper”. Lastly and for those who will ask, my lathe is connected to the same 220v outlet as my mill and my mill is still powering up, so not a breaker/power issue.
Any and all help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0661.jpeg
    IMG_0661.jpeg
    610.4 KB · Views: 7
Spindle lever in the OFF (center) position?

At start? Yes. I can hear the usual click inside the lathe when I turn the lever up to start the spindle, but no spindle movement.
Correction, ugh! Works now. Thank you. Going to crawl under my sheets now with my knees curled up to my chest and stick my thumb in my mouth. SMDH

Correction, ugh! Works now. Thank you. Going to crawl under my sheets now with my knees curled up to my chest and stick my thumb in my mouth. SMDH
There is a reason I suggested that... I will never tell what that reason is and why I never shared it on the forum... :D :cool 2:

Yep, the fail safe wants the lever in neutral first, before you can spin it up

Back