Are these jaws reversible?

stomp10

Registered
Registered
Lathe 1.jpgLathe 2.jpg

Doesn't seem to be a lot of meat for holding stock on those little bitty steps. From here it looks like they are 3\16ths" It's about a 3" chuck.

I really want to flip the collared bushing and chuck it up in the reversed jaws so i can trim the diameter to match the drill press handle. No bushing there originally, and this one is pretty close and fits the shaft perfectly. Its just the OD of the bushing is just a little big. Seems like a worthy first task and it will beef up the drill press attachment a little. Also the bushing is bronze.

Looks possible as long as oversized work is properly supported, but I'd rather ask first.

Thanks!

Lathe 1.jpg Lathe 2.jpg

Yes, they are bolted on, but generally they are match marked to go on the master jaw they came off of. If they are shop made, and soft, you might want to take a skim cut to true them up after you flip them.

Yes, they are bolted on, but generally they are match marked to go on the master jaw they came off of. If they are shop made, and soft, you might want to take a skim cut to true them up after you flip them.

Thanks for the speedy reply Tony.

The more I learn about this little machine, the more I like it.

As far as I can tell the jaws are hardened and marked. I'll hafta read that post again about how to tell hardness....

Those are reversible as Tony said. They do look shop made. They seem large for that chuck size.

"Billy G"

Back