Anyone know of someplace carrying the ER32 collet blocks in the US?

They do have an awesome ER40 faceplate for the lathe though. I love mine for ER32

Edit: The ER40 seems to be gone. But they do have a larger one in ER32.

I think it has been there a couple years now.

Works out great for me as I have the ER32 for the lathe and mill. Also gives me more room through the spindle than a chuck.

Thanks. I do have 2 of the ER40 faceplates (not from them though), one for the lathe & one for the mill. I don't have 5C collets & use ER40 for my mill so I didn't want to start building a 5C set.

Thanks. I do have 2 of the ER40 faceplates (not from them though), one for the lathe & one for the mill. I don't have 5C collets & use ER40 for my mill so I didn't want to start building a 5C set.

Yeah, sad thing is that they have so many nice things for the 5C.

I guess I could break down and make the collet blocks myself too. I really like the idea of being able to index some stuff quickly without having to pull everything off the mill and put on the rotary table. I made a little 1/2in bore block from hex rod and it works ok... as long as I am using 1/2in stock :)

Yeah, sad thing is that they have so many nice things for the 5C.

I guess I could break down and make the collet blocks myself too. I really like the idea of being able to index some stuff quickly without having to pull everything off the mill and put on the rotary table. I made a little 1/2in bore block from hex rod and it works ok... as long as I am using 1/2in stock :)

I hear ya. I have thought about building a 5C set many times but fear it might be wasted money right now. I know most swear by 5C but I haven't needed to use collets for the lathe that often. I work with a lot of odd sizes & the TIR on my chuck is awesome so I get by without them.

I like how ER collets have a better clamping area & since I use them for the mill one of those ER block in ER40 would be great for the same reason you mentioned. Guess I need to add that to the project list.

I'm glad I saw this post.
It made me realize that when I made my ER-40 chuck for my lathe, I also ended up with a hex collet block I can use on my mill. :roflmao:

P1050370.JPG

P1050370.JPG

Seems like some one could make some here. I also have been on the hunt.
DK

Little Machine shop has a listing on Amazon for the hex ones.

Price is not much more if ordering directly from ArcEuroTrade & they're currently in stock. I got my set of ER40 blocks with bearing nuts for $89 (at the time, exchange rate fluctuates) which BTW costs a bit more than the ER32s. That's including shipping & what was surprising is that I received them in just 1 business day all the way from England.

Back