Anyone Here Who Lives In Brazil And Could Help A Budding Hsm There?

old_dave

Active User
Registered
On the large format photography forum I frequent one of the members, who is in Brazil, is asking what sort of lathe might be suitable for doing the sorts of stuff that one might like to be able to do like bore lens boards, make threaded mounting flanges for shutters, maybe spare parts for your tripod. (Hey, that's what started me in setting up my home shop). I can give him some general advice and there are other forum members there who already have.

But I'm thinking he needs a fellow countryman to advise him about what might be available in terms of home-shop size lathes there and where one might find them. Let me know and I'll try to figure out how to connect everyone up

I know Brazil has at least two very respected machine tool builders, Nardini and Romi. Looking at their websites it looks like they still make manual (as well as CNC) lathes, but not in a size appropriate to the home shop. Years ago Nardini did make both a 10" and a 12" gear head lathe. Now if he could find one of those...
David

Back