[Source] Anyone Herd Of An Asong As-250 Chinese Power Drive

Ed ke6bnl

Registered
Registered
anyone herd of an Asong AS-250 Chinese power drive, I just pick this up for a few dollars when I went to purchase aDelta surface grinder, just got to looking at it and it works great variable speed forward reverse and fast traverse in both direction BUT it does not have the Ring Gear to go from vertical motion to horizontal and the adaptor to the X axis stem and it need a mount for attaching to the table X axis. I did find the company web http://www.echinatool.com/power_feed.htm and wrote them but has anyone had any experience with this unit. Really I have never used one all new to me. this is for my Burke Millrite Mill vertical.
thanks ED

I've Got one it works well. I put it on my supermax X axis. There are a different number of teeth on some of the ring gears I found they all meshed well with the pinion of the drive.

I emailed them on parts availability that would be great if I can get the part reasonable. Thats a beefy looking mill in the avatar.

Thanks, It will walk through any cut I've tried. Weighs in at 3100 lbs I had a trailer full when I brought it home.

Ed -
Very interesting! I looked around their website, and it appears they are a wholesaler, looking for dealers/agents. They DO seem to have the option for "sample" quantities, so I've tried emailing them to learn if I can buy one of their units in "quantity 1." The unit I'm looking at is the AS 235 (Horizontal), to fit my Grizzly RF-30 clone.

I'll post again as soon as I have some kind of information back from them.

Back