Anyone have a G0705 mill/drill?

I have some portable Mig welders (lincoln 220v even a 110 model) we can make some great benches/stands/tables....
Angle iron, tubing, some decent sheet metal... even plywood...:cool::encourage::cheerful:

richl,
I have made a lot of stands with bed rails. I have a mig here a friend gave me when he bought a bigger unit. No sheet metal but have some 3/4 plywood.

What type of stand and dimensions do you have in mind Bill? We can build with angle or channel and use plywood for the top. Anything is possible, just need an idea of what you are thinking and the materials we will use.

Are there home depot type stores close, a metal supplier? Do you have the welder all setup? Mine is ready to go:encourage::cocksure:

Let me know, it looks like we are heading up to mystic this weekend, will be glad to stop by and build a stand with you, or for you... I know how to do the team thing :grin::big grin:

I am not sure. Have been trying to find dimensions. There is a home depot and Lowes within 10 minutes. But I have plenty of bed rail that can be used also. I need to do this as cheap as I can. I have only enough money left to get my heater in Jeep fixed.
You are more than welcome to stop by for coffee and a meet even if not much gets done.

Well for those following along here.
I bought an equivalent to the G0705. It is in like new condition and only cost me $1000. This leaves me enough to get my Jeep heater fixed as well.
The seller is going to deliver it next week for me. So I will have time to make room and a stand. Will probably make the stand this weekend. I forgot to take dimensions when I went to look at it. So stand might be a little bigger than needed. Will try to get stand dimension online for same type of machine.

If anyone is heading this way and wants to stop by. Just send a message and I will give my address.

Bill if I remember I made mine 24"D x 20"W x 30" Wide on casters but I made outriggers with adjustable feet to lock it in place and level it. Hockey pucks make good feet for this size mill. I just welded 1/2" x 3" black iron pipe on the corners and welded 1/2" nuts on the bottom . Used 4- 1' x 1/2" all thread , any angle iron can be used to frame it , , 3/4" plywood works glued and screws double thick. I made a full length drawer and a bottom hanged my hold downs set on the side and a couple hooks for wrenches. I did use sheet metal aluminum diamond plate on three sides but you can make your own on the frame top I welded in flat stock or angle iron to bolt down the mill . I did this about two years ago so I may be off a little but not much the mill base I think is like 20" x 18"

Thanks, I found similar dimensions online last night.

Mill will be here Thursday. Seller had to use a shipper to get it to me as hs truck broke down. Don't know why he just didn't tell me to come get it.
Anyway, I found out the machine is actually new and never used. He bought it 3yrs ago and never used it. So he's going to crate it up and will be picked up tomorrow and delivered Thursday.

I can't wait

I feel like I am a kid in the cars back seat saying, "IS IT THERE YET?" :HM:

Back