Anyone have a dumore 55-011 tool post grinder

I don't have the unit in hand yet.

Will post some pictures when I get it. I believe it has the 5T-200 spindle with a TC insert. I will need to get or make a TX insert for the external grinding wheel and TN-XXX arbors for internal grinding that a normal 1/8" or 1/4" grinding wheel can't reach.

I found a thread on another site that indicates the unit I bought is missing a number of the pulleys. Different pulley sizes give different combinations of speeds etc. I'll likely make my own pulleys and mounting hardware for my toolpost etc.

These guys sell parts:

http://www.wmsopko.com/about.htm

From other threads I've read the parts are very pricey.

The unit is a 5 series 1/2 horse unit. I believe the current series is 57 which is a hybrid of the previous 5 and 7 series from what I can gather.

The current 57 series manual is downloadable from dumore's website and it had some details on the spindle and options.

Ian

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 70292

Not sure if this is the same but here goes.

This is pretty close. The motor doesn't look exactly like it. The spindle options are the same. Thx for this information :)

Ian

Been a long time since my last post. This project has sat around for a bit. I am starting to get it going. I had to find a nut for the spindle and I'm starting to make/collect pulleys.

I got flat belts from VBeltSupply.com

upload_2016-10-5_20-45-56.png
So far they seem to be reasonable quality.

Now to get some pulleys made.

Back