Anyone have a dumore 55-011 tool post grinder

Ian Walker

Registered
Registered
I just picked up a "project" on ebay.

The grinder is missing the small step pulley, belt, and tool post hardware.

It has the 5T-200 spindle, though it might not have all parts either.

If anyone in the group has a manual or has one I would love to hear from you.

Thanks Again
Ian

Ian I don't have one, but I'm pretty sure I was watching the one that you bought on ebay. I almost pulled the trigger on it too. Do you have the link?

I just picked up a "project" on ebay.

The grinder is missing the small step pulley, belt, and tool post hardware.

It has the 5T-200 spindle, though it might not have all parts either.

If anyone in the group has a manual or has one I would love to hear from you.

Thanks Again
Ian

More info please, pictures? I have a Dumore tomthumb that I reworked and picked up a manual on a Google search for free.
There is a shop that handles parts for Dumore that can give you some info but the name eludes me right now (old age):nuts:
They are a simple item to work on and easy to fix IMHO:thinking:

AAAAA-2014 005.jpgAAAAA-2014 001.jpgAAAAA-2014 004.jpgAAAAA-2014 003.jpgI'm not sure what a model 55-011 grinder looks like but I took some pictures of mine which says #14 dumore Tom Thumb---is the 55-011 older or newer? ---Dave---put pictures of the 55-011 in please

AAAAA-2014 005.jpg AAAAA-2014 001.jpg AAAAA-2014 003.jpg AAAAA-2014 004.jpg

Last edited:
holy canole, that thing has got a tight radius on the belt. What is the RPM rating on the motor and approximately what are the sheave diameters?

To increase efficiency, it might be helpful to replace the belt with a "X" style which is still a V-belt but has cut-away cogs on the underside. Makes it much easier to spin around tight radii.

Ray

holy canole, that thing has got a tight radius on the belt. What is the RPM rating on the motor and approximately what are the sheave diameters?

To increase efficiency, it might be helpful to replace the belt with a "X" style which is still a V-belt but has cut-away cogs on the underside. Makes it much easier to spin around tight radii.

Ray

Ray--the belt is a dumore flat belt 3/8" x 10 5/8"--the motor speed is 10k--the pulleys are 3/4" and 1 1/4" stepped---on both the motor and the spindle---the speeds are 8,500 and 19,000---the wheel size diameter--up to 2"-----Dave

Ray--the belt is a dumore flat belt 3/8" x 10 5/8"--the motor speed is 10k--the pulleys are 3/4" and 1 1/4" stepped---on both the motor and the spindle---the speeds are 8,500 and 19,000---the wheel size diameter--up to 2"-----Dave

Thats the same one I have and there is not anything to special about parts according to the guy I spoke with at the parts & repair place.
I rebuilt the spindle it runs real good now (bought it off ebay w/bad brngs)

I have a #5 and there is a dumore site on yahoo-groups....but it's been pretty dead , but there may be links to manuals I don't recall and yes photos would help

Back