anyone have a clue?

Negev

n/a
Registered
I have looked in the manual and also in the grizzle manual and on matt's website
searching for the correct size of the threads on the oil drain plug does anyone happen
to know what size it is? Any help would be awesome. I just realized that i didn't say
what for 1440 lathe thanks for the help

Last edited:
Not fussing... however the drain for the headstock oil... or the carriage oil?

I am guessing it is probably metric... however it might surprise us both.

I would take the plug to the local bigbox home store (HD or Lowes), and start looking through the bolt box. Sooner or later, you will find something close.

Lowes, if I remember, has a plate with threaded holes... I suspect you could more or less figure out what size it is by playing with the plug and that plate.

Best to you.

GA

Me and my bud figured it out last night it 15.5 x 1.5 for the headstock drain plug thanks anyway

You get your issues with the taper attachment and cross slide lead screw worked out?

yes and no im waiting for the new taper attachment to arrive and i put the original equipment back on the machine
its running but i dont think its fully right yet matt said he was going to come up to my house one weekend and go threw my machine for me.

Can't beat that kind of customer service anywhere else!! Glad that Matt is going to have a look, he can figger out just about any issue right quick too,

Bob

Glad you figured it out. Matt has been good with all my noob questions ! Thumbs up QMT !

Back