Anyone Familiar With Onshape?

I'm watching this closely. I recently downloaded Fusion 360, which is free for hobby use. Seems to me to be easier than Solidworks and it runs on the Mac, which is important to me. Looks like Onshape runs on Mac and is free as well.

Well, I finally made the switch to Windows 10. Had to because the free upgrade was ending end of July. I was told that SolidWorks 2013 wouldn't run on Windows 10. Anyway, had a consulting contract and spent the $ on SolidWorks 2016. Low and behold, when I switched to Windows 10, SolidWorks 2013 worked fine on it. (I got bad info from the support folks.) I still loaded up SolidWorks 2016. Bottom line, I don't have to think about switching to Onshape or any other free program, at least, not for a long time I hope.

Hi all. I have been using OnShape for a few months now, Parametrically it works quite well, but falls over when performing driven dimension calculations from complicated sketches, exactly the same with f360. I am desperate for some better thread tools too! I am creating a video channel using OnShape as the core engine, purely for my own enjoyment and to show what I think is best practice (search for 'Contrivance Revival Society' on youtube). Perhaps I will make some slower, more explicitly 'tutorial'-like videos sometime soon. feel free to drop some feedback! also if you feel like collaborating somehow, drop me a line, I'll probably want to make a fishing reel as shown in the first playlist. I am a busy guy but keen.

Back