Anyone ever use a short-run stamping company?

auto.pilot

Active User
Registered
I just came across Dynamic Stampings, a company that will do short run stamping. They make the dies for as little as a couple hundred bucks using wire EDM. Thereafter, they will stamp as few as 50 parts. My project has 4 very small parts, each no larger than an inch in any direction. All need to be stamped and formed (bent). Just wondering if anyone has used this company, or any other small run stamping company. What has been your experience?

I can't imagine being able to build a die for anything more complex than a simple round punch for only $200, that's amazing. Normally that wouldn't even cover the materials let alone any labor. Those guys must have it figured out. On the other hand, all the dies that I have built were designed run millions of parts.

Let us know how it works out for you, and how much the price goes up for a forming die.

Can you provide us with their contact information? Do they have a website?

I just came across Dynamic Stampings, a company that will do short run stamping. They make the dies for as little as a couple hundred bucks using wire EDM. Thereafter, they will stamp as few as 50 parts. My project has 4 very small parts, each no larger than an inch in any direction. All need to be stamped and formed (bent). Just wondering if anyone has used this company, or any other small run stamping company. What has been your experience?

How complex is the part and how many do you need? Do you have a drawing?
I have in the past made simple form dies from mild steel for short run parts. and made on a hydraulic press. i've even seen short run dies made from aluminium

I have in the past made simple form dies and punches out of mild steel for short run work, I've also seen short run dies made from aluminium. how complex is your part and how may do you need. Do you have a drawing?

Back