Anybody mount a Kurt power drawbar on their PM940 cnc?

rodjava

Registered
Registered
I'm expecting my new PM940cnc to arrive tomorrow.

In the meantime, I wonder if this Kurt Power draw bar would work on the 940.

https://www.kurtworkholding.com/bridgeport-series-std-p-1262.html

It's a used unit that came off a Bridgeport mill.

It's likely that the base of the Kurt unit can be modified to make it work. Anybody mount something similar to the Kurt or a DIY drawbar on their 940 or similar?

Thanks in advance.

Rod in San Francisco

I adapted a Ultron Snap Change system to my PM-932 that was originally designed to fit a Bridgeport. All that's needed is an adapter.

Tom S.

Tom,
Thanks. Any pictures?

I asked Matt at PM and he thinks it should work. Likely needed to modify an adapter plate and change drawbars if needed.

I still would like to hear from other drawbar installs.

Rod

Tom,
Thanks. Any pictures?

I asked Matt at PM and he thinks it should work. Likely needed to modify an adapter plate and change drawbars if needed.

I still would like to hear from other drawbar installs.

Rod

Here's a couple of pictures. In order for the BP length drawbar to work I had to build a riser that replicated the distance through the BP head, or I could have cut and rethreaded the drawbar. I chose not to modify the drawbar.

The assembled unit.
20150216_154236.jpg

Here's the individual components. The adapter plate on the upper left and the riser on the upper right. I had to make a drawbar spacer (lower right) to set the correct drawbar height above the riser. The plate on the lower left is a bearing retainer that bolts to the bottom of the Ultron housing in the first picture. It's not applicable to what you are trying to do.
20150216_155214.jpg

Tom,
Thanks for sharing you drawbar build. If I get this great deal on the Kurt drawbar, your
mods with help with my installation.

Rod

Back