Anybody in Missouri need a shaper?

It’s an auction so you think it will end up going for $500? There’s 6 watching........

I am one of those watchers. :grin: Heck it might not even sell because of the location.

If you're low on space, you could just use the shaper table as a nice, solid platform for your benchtop mill or mini-lathe!

If it's not worn out, that would be a nice machine cleaned up. It's fairly modern, it may even have power rapid crossfeed on it, which makes a a dream to run. Also still has the vise. It may very well go for $500 or a bit more, if they don't have a reserve on it. I don't see it going for $2000. One thing to note, that machine is a monster and probably weighs in the neighborhood of 4 tons, so if you are interested in it, put some thought into how you plan to move it. Also, check with the seller to see if they can load it for you and if they charge for that. Moving a beast like that is quite a project, and if you hire it out, expect to pay way more for the moving than for the shaper.

If it's not worn out, that would be a nice machine cleaned up. It's fairly modern, it may even have power rapid crossfeed on it, which makes a a dream to run. Also still has the vise. It may very well go for $500 or a bit more, if they don't have a reserve on it. I don't see it going for $2000. One thing to note, that machine is a monster and probably weighs in the neighborhood of 4 tons, so if you are interested in it, put some thought into how you plan to move it. Also, check with the seller to see if they can load it for you and if they charge for that. Moving a beast like that is quite a project, and if you hire it out, expect to pay way more for the moving than for the shaper.
As a former millwright the first thing I think about is how much does it weigh? Besides having just a two car garage it has a steep short driveway and that gets deadly in a hurry. I like big machines as much as the next guy but all I can handle is my little toy Atlas 7b in my situation. But that doesn’t keep me from shopping :)

It’s an auction so you think it will end up going for $500? There’s 6 watching........
Nobody bid on it. Selller has it relisted for same.

Back