Anybody have a original dividing head, plates, and tailstock?

gi_984

Active User
Registered
Curious if anybody has the factory dividing head for a Burke Millrite mill? I've seen pictures of it in the factory manual but not in real life. What is the members experience with them? TIA!

There is a Great place in Minneapolis called Polar Tool that sells top quality used tooling, measuring equipment, work holding and dividing heads and plates. [SIZE=+1]Polar Tool Inc [/SIZE]2233 49th Ave. N. Minneapolis , MN 55430 Phone: 612-521-0409 Fax: 612-521-5958 E-Mail: polartool@gmail.com
Be sure to tell them about our site and who told you... :)

I have one but just the divider head no extra plates but the one I do have is 48 notches, I don't have the tailstock either. Been trying to sell the whole machine but may sell the accessories and keep the Burke #4 for a bead roller project I just seen with a bigger horizontal

I believe I have what you are looking for, It has been in my toolbox for about 35 years. In that time I have used it once! Not very big and it does not have the footstock. It does have the sector arms and the dividing plate is reversible and has an additional set of holes on the other side. As I remember it has about 6 sets of holes on each side of the plate. IIRC it has an odd ball thread of 1 1/8 x 16 for a direct mount and I believe it is a #7 B&S through hole.

I will dig it out and take a picture of it if you desire. I will not be using it. I also believe it has a sunken casting on the side that states "CINTI" .

I would appreciate a tutorial from someone on how to post pictures.

Let me know

Mick

Hi Charley and Mick,
Please PM with details and pictures please.
Thanks,
Chris

Well no luck so far. Still looking. Doesn't have to be Burke brand.
Chris

There is a place up her in Minneapolis MN called Polar Tool who sells used inspection equipment and tooling. He might have what your looking for.

There is a Great place in Minneapolis called Polar Tool that sells top quality used tooling, measuring equipment, work holding and dividing heads and plates. [SIZE=+1]Polar Tool Inc [/SIZE]2233 49th Ave. N. Minneapolis , MN 55430 Phone: 612-521-0409 Fax: 612-521-5958 E-Mail: polartool@gmail.com
Be sure to tell them about our site and who told you... :)

Polar Tool was great!
Unfortunately he sold off all his inventory (rumor was HGR bought it all) and went out of business.

Daryl
MN

Back