Any pm 1440 owners out there. Any model.

MarkM

Registered
Registered
Good day, I have started another thread to inquire about a few machines and have had no response for the pm 1440gs I am interested. Maybe I am wrong but I believe the pm 1440 models may be the same lathes with different specs and some minor details.
Is there any chance if you own a pm 1440 in any model other than the 1440gt and 1440hd could you please tell us about it. I am a day or two away from ordering a lathe.
General use and how has it treated you?

The PM-1440E-LB & PM-1440BV use a different gearbox. Hard to say if these machines are made in the same factory as the PM-1440GS and if they share any of the same components.

The PM-1440GS is very similar to the Grizzly G0709 with the exception of the PM lathe has a D1-5 spindle, 2" spindle bore, 3 HP motor. There are some other subtle differences but the gear box appears to be the same. It's possible these are made in the same factory and share some components. The parts diagram in the manual seems to reflect some of the Grizzly parts and not the PM parts.

From the reviews I've read and talking to a few G0709 owners they all seem pleased with that lathe.

Thanks again Jbolt. Yes many good reviews over the g0709. No mention of NSK spindle bearing so I think the pm may be of better quality. All the PM 1440 Chinese machines have subtle differences. Some great things like the 1440B offering a steady rest with a five inch capacity and a 16 speed box with a low of 40rpm. The Gs with the Dp and modular threading ability. I think all of them cut the 11.5 thread. BV well variable speed with two gears. A lot of lathe in them. I'd be willing to work for it if I knew in the end I could trust it. Almost every day I say ok this is the one. Then the next day comes. A hard choice no doubt. Trying to figure out exactly what I want and to make sure at least my expectation of what quality I am willing to put money down for is met, and doing it all on the web. Crazy times we live in!

I just love my 1440E-LB. I use it regularly and have had zero issues. Well maybe one, finding enough projects to keep using it!

You know, I find I'm using it all the time. Lots of quick and easy things, then making a tool, then repairing something, heck even polishing a shaft or something. Just today I turned a shaft for a different bearing for my neighbor. Took all of 10 minutes. Still so handy to have a capable machine. Last weekend I made spacers for an axle I was working on. The list goes on and on and on......

Dieselshadow . How long have you had your lathe and have you done any threading with 4140 or stainless 316 by chance.

Dieselshadow , I have watched a few of your videos. Thank you for taking the time to do so. Any more thoughts would be appreciated. Have you cut any course threads at all. Thanks again.

I own the 1440E-LB and love every bit of it. The cast base makes it nice and rigid. I turn a lot of stainless steel on it no problem with decent cuts. The machine is solid, DRO works great.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thank you all for takin the time to post and for some for putting up videos on youtube. Much appreciated. I am goin to get an Eisen 1440ge. Pushed my budget quite a bit but think it is a great deal and hopefully it will be what I hope.

Back