[Newbie] Any One Using Design Cad 3d By Imsi ?

thanks to you Auto Cad Guys I have been previewing the hype on AutoCAD fusion 360. it is free.....I can use it till I die it is going to be my next choice.
QUESTION; for those that use it...... I have a big screen computer in my detached home/office with 64 bit windows 7 ultimate running but I also use a 32 bit version of Windows 7 ultimate on my think pad that I use in my living room at night. are my drawings actually in my computer or at an undisclosed location at autocad or in ' thE CLOUD" whatever that is ????? . I want to work on my drawing from either computer whenever I want....Will that be possible with live view /
thanks

Have you looked at Auto Desk (AutoCad)? They currently have Fusion 360 free for hobbyist and small business.

Paul, do you use fusion or have you tried it ? it sure sounds interesting and there is a ton of tutorial,, u-tube videos and user forums.
if you have tried it tell me what you think.....for a new start beginner 9 I have " Started at least 5 cad programs... ( I am impatient)

What would you suggest for someone who has never used CAD, and is till ingrained with and have a old drafting board, T square and tools. I would Like to get something that I could learn on and start using current tech. Oh, I also do not have any CNC Old school manual only t this time.

I was trying to learn DC3D when I first heard about Google Sketchup. I downloaded it, watched a bunch of Youtube videos and was making productive 3D drawings within a day or two. DC3D has a much steeper learning curve than SU. You can draw on a scale of fractions of an inch (mm), up to building site drawings (Many 3d buildings in Google Earth were created with SU). SU is now owned by Trimble. I would strongly encourage you Google it, download the "make" version (not the Pro!!) -- it's still free -- and give it a try (Pro and "make" versions are the same, except the Pro offers more and better presentation/printing options). Tons of Youtube video's are available to help you learn. For both quick drawings, or larger projects it can't be beat. Perfect for both, people just coming into computerized drawing from T-square, paper and ink, and those who use AC3D and want a way to more quickly throw a drawing together. It's incredible the power you can get in a free program! (I don't work for SU -- I just think it's a great program!!)

I tried sketch up years ago. And couldn't figure it out. Too easy perhaps. And I got hung up on the "paralysis of anayalyse

I'll try it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not used it beyond downloading and a try or two. Right now I mostly still use AutoCad. Old dog sometimes has a hard time with new tricks :)

If you are just getting started with SU, there is a "Sketchup for Dummies" book by Aiden Chopra, who used to work on the SU team. I think he's no longer with them, but his book extensively references Youtube videos that he had made for the various chapters of his book. If you search "aiden chopra sketchup for dummies" on Youtube, you can pull up those videos. I just checked and there are at least 5 pages of his "dummies" videos available. Most are 2 to 8 minutes in length and even though they are for SU versions that were released up to 8 years ago, the basics that he covers are still applicable and work the same. I was just mesmerized by the clips and probably spent a couple of hours watching them. If you continue paging through the videos after Aiden's, you can see what others have done, and how they did it. While primarily designed to handle linear drawing, some have figured out how to draw more organic flowing curves such as in a sports car, or airplane. I'd highly recommend that you download SU, then watch Aidens videos to get an idea of how to actually use the program. And another suggestion is to turn on the "Instructor" by starting the SU program, then go to the Window tab and down to the Instructor and click on it to turn it on. Now when you click on one of the toolbar buttons on the side/top an explanation and animation of that buttons function will play.
Have fun!!

Thanks a bunch
Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back