Any Bolts, nuts and washers storage ideas?

I like clear plastic containers, recycled from the kitchen. A favorite is the 35 oz square bottomed one that party peanuts come in.
peanutcontainer.jpg

Here is the route I went. Small drawers with dividers and labels. And the stand has a custom threaded rod rack.

Bolt Bin Stand 04.JPGBolt Bin 02.JPGBolt Bin 01.JPGBolt Bin Stand 06.JPG

I wish that broom would stay home. It belongs to the neidhbor’s, they don’t feed it enough. At least it didn’t chew anything up or drink my beer this time.
Thanks ron

Ron, all my workshop's look like your floor, too many thing to do and very little time to do it, many times i find myself spending couple hours cleaning only to make a mess trying to find something a day leter.

GoceKu What the broom is setting on is my go to for fixturing Metal, our it in a bucket and you have to dump it to look. I’m surprised no one asked about the large gray cabinet.
Thanks ron

Prescription bottles with the labels replaced. small screws, (#4 Flat head by 3/8) to #40 wire drills. 4-40 brass nuts, 5-40 1/8 set screws. even broken high speed center drills awaiting being made into something else. Lots of uses for tiny products and materials.

A former library card catalog is a great way to store hardware. Just add dividers in the drawers One could also build something similar from scratch.

https://cdn.instructables.com/FNT/KKO8/FA190TWP/FNTKKO8FA190TWP.LARGE.jpg

~Hans

THAT is the way to go. I have an old Porter Cable router bit cabinet that I picked up from a Farm and Fleet store. It is 30" with 7 drawers on roller slides and I have it organized with bolt sizes, but only one drawer. The others are filled with organized parts and tools. I can't imagine storing stuff in jars or buckets and dig through all that. With all due respect, I want to be making stuff with my time, not looking for stuff.

Also, I keep an eye on Craigslist and auctions for old card files and such. University stuff is usually quite handy.

Back