Another Idiot Strikes...

leversole

Registered
Registered
Got a deal on a Doall ML that I could not pass up...I knew ahead of time from reading online what the issues were and what was missing, etc...I still find it hard to believe that ANYONE would try to pick up a 1500lb band saw by the table! Here are some forensic pictures...the first show the casting that bore the weight of the machine for a short time, the second, a portion of the saw blade twisted in the upper guide, presumably when the lifting job went south...looks like they didnt even try to fix it, probably just set it aside...anyhow, I will try and get the main casting welded, and build the other table casting that are broken out of steel, may have to make a new main table support out of steel if the welding job does not work...

IMG_5064.JPG IMG_5065.JPG

Those are really nice saws. Keep us informed of your progress. Looks like a an easy fix so far. :encourage:

Hey, if it got you the saw for cheap and you can stay ahead fixing it its all good.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

$70 for the saw...$50 to have the bottom blade guide welded up, a used ($50 VFD) and I am good to go! Will post some pictures later...I have two horizontal bandsaws, but I cannot believe how handy a big vertical saw is! I use it all of the time, it cuts true, I love it!

Definitely post pictures, sounds like you got it for near scrap value. Dont know where I would put one but I couldnt walk away from that deal.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

" Another one bites the dust!" Courteously of one real half wit, They are universal We have them as well over this side of the pond.

Wish I could find a deal like that. All I find around me they think there gold with platinum trim. All used up and they want a grand to buy it. Pop didn't raise a fool , mom tried to make me one but that didn't happen either. So I'm still lookin for a vertical bandsaw. I may mount my Milwaukee band saw upright like those on YouTube. Will work for most of what I plan on making.

All I can say Idiots hammer and chisel mechanics keep up busy. I see things that defy Murphy's law
all the time and just wonder how and why..????

Reactions: kvt
Back