I just started anodizing in January and have done a couple hundred parts for a robot I am designing. Here is a photo of one of the legs for a hexapod along with an plain test version of the leg. I did it primarily in black with some parts having gold highlights. My system uses commercial dyes, 4 hot plates, heated degreaser and heated Nickel Acetate for a sealer. The anodizing bath itself is just a shallow plastic tub that has about 5" depth and 21" length. The cathodes are 2 lead sheets on opposite sides, a single aluminum hang rail with several SS Allen screws for connections. I also use titanium wire to make all my electrical connections. I also use bubble wrap floating on the bath to reduce the amount of misting since I use air for agitation. This setup has been pretty reliable with few issues on the anodizing end. I've been really pleased with the end results and plan on doing a lot more anodizing in the future.