Anniversary Present

JB Enterprise

Active User
Registered
Keep in mind that I live in the Communist state of Kalifornia So any semi auto builds won't look like most other builds.
This Pink Ak-47 was built off of a Chinese kit with a Flat receiver that was water jetted out of a piece of 1.6 MM steel and bent using a jig, finished off in bubblegum pink duracoat shoots like a dream.[attachimg=1]

Justin Bowerman
JB Enterprise
07 FFL in Central Ca.

IMG_0391.JPG IMG_0391.JPG IMG_0391.JPG IMG_0391.JPG IMG_0391.JPG IMG_0391.JPG

Well now, that's certainly different. Lady's gun?

She's a beaut JB! :D

Does Kali actually allow that slant flash suppressor???
[size=0.7em](Sorry, I don't keep up with west coast regulations.)[/size]

p.s.
Cutting, bending and riveting a receiver plate? I am not worthy.... imnotworthy.gif
8)

Hey High power actually they define that as a slant muzzle brake so good to go and as far as receivers I don't build em like that no more lots of work especially when dealer cost on a nodak or elk riiver is cheaper than one hour of shop labor.

Justin Bowerman
JB enterprise
07 FFL in Central CA.

Wow. I knew that. >:(
I can't believe I wrote "flash suppressor". Guess I've got too much "AR" on the brain lately.... ;)

What did you use for a finish on that? And how well does it hold up to the safety & take down levers etc. being used?
By the way - I might have to pick your brain (later) on a couple of AK issues. I have a couple of "ban" era rifles that I want to 'un-neuter' (18 USC 922R compliant of course) but have some questions about replacing the front sight base. But that will be for another time....

No problem Pm me or hit me up any time I will help all I can. The finish is Duracoat bubble gum pink, don't usually use duracoat but Norells doesen't have pink molly resin in stock but the duracoat is tuff stuff with a wicked learning curve about the 6th coat i discovered you should probly put a white base on it to hide the metal hues, the only hues is that with alot of coats the stuff actually glossed up and it is shinny pink. Going to do true blue ar 15 for my son, he is 7 and blue is his favorite color is blue.

Justin Bowerman
JB Enterprise
07 FFL in Central Ca. -^^

[quote author=JB Enterprise link=topic=3119.msg22375#msg22375 date=1313619859]
Going to do true blue ar 15 for my son, he is 7 and blue is his favorite color is blue.
[/quote]PLEASE post pics of that one when you "git-r-done".... I like blue too! ;)

You may just save me the hassle of finding a shop here that does hard anodizing. +++

Its a good thing it doesn't have a pistol grip....I hear they cause guns to come alive and indiscriminately kill women, children and puppies. :laugh:

Back