Angular contact bearing query

Canobi

Registered
Registered
Hi all :)

I'm gathering parts for a micro qctp grinder, but I've hit a problem trying to work out how to orient the bearings as theres no identification markings on either side and they are identical on both sides and sealed units.

Is there a simple method to work out which is the load bearing side?

Hi all :)

I'm gathering parts for a micro qctp grinder, but I've hit a problem trying to work out how to orient the bearings as theres no identification markings on either side and they are identical on both sides and sealed units.

Is there a simple method to work out which is the load bearing side?

Deleted

There is defiantly a load side in angular contact bearing as the name sagest. What is the number of your bearings?.

Just a guess but if they were to go in a blind hole I would think the numbers if any would face out and small bearings up to about an inch o.d. can probably be installed either way. If they r reasonabley priced u could dissect one to make sure the races are the same on both sides but I think u will be fine

Angular contact the outer race is thicker on one side than the other. They are a thrust type bearing.

nachi-20tab04_LRG.jpg

I wrote a response a few minutes ago and immediately realized I was thinking of self aligning bearings rather than angular contact bearings. Anyway, kd4gij is correct. Angular contact direction can usually be identified by the width of the races on opposite sides of the bearing.

Ted

On the bearing in by pic note the ">" on the bearing on the left.. When mounted should look like this < > for 2 bearing and < >> for 3 bearings

Thank you all so much for the replies :)

There's really not much between the two sides at first glance, but now it's been highlighted, it is noticeable.

IMG_20170610_165155.jpg

Back