Angle Blocks

twhite

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I had a bit of time available today on the CNC Milling Center. So I made some angle blocks 5-45 deg in 5 deg increments. They are made from some unknown 1/4”x2” flat ground steel. They are 2-1/2” long on the base.

They will be good enough for home use.
b5b26d67f5c6ea2805e6bfdac54ed6a3.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.

A handy addition to angle blocks is marking the reciprocal angle as a negative. Exactly the effect of stacking -1° on a 45°, 44°. The other side, 46°. The CNC should provide decent enough resolution that almost any angle can be achieved, after expanding the set with 1/2°, 1°, 2° & 4°. The breakdown sort of depends on depth of your vise jaws, where a stack pushes the part beyond reach of jaws.
I usually clamp up to a knee and set up that instead.

A handy addition to angle blocks is marking the reciprocal angle as a negative. Exactly the effect of stacking -1° on a 45°, 44°. The other side, 46°. The CNC should provide decent enough resolution that almost any angle can be achieved, after expanding the set with 1/2°, 1°, 2° & 4°. The breakdown sort of depends on depth of your vise jaws, where a stack pushes the part beyond reach of jaws.
I usually clamp up to a knee and set up that instead.

Good idea. I will have to see if I have enough stock left to do that.

Thank you!

Cutting oil is my blood.

Back