Anderson Rotary Phase converter noise

John_Dennis

Active User
Registered
I have an Anderson Rotary Phase converter that is extremely noisy, louder than my 2 HP industrial table saw. I am wondering if it could be the bearings and if so, is there anything unusual about disassembling the phase converter motor. Am I correct that there is just a Rotor and bearings held between the end caps?

How loud is the average Phase Converter?

The only information I have is 7.5 HP and 30 Amps. Anderson has gone out of business and I am unable to find any documentation.

Thanks
JD

Somebody recently posted the same complaint and was advised that he should tighten the through bolts that secure the end bells.

Sounds like it could have many hours on it and could need new bearings- if you are hearing a roaring sound then definitely bearings
-M

my phase converter is louder than a drill running at full speed, but less loud than an angle grinder not making contact. I hope this helps.

I have an Anderson Rotary Phase converter that is extremely noisy, louder than my 2 HP industrial table saw. I am wondering if it could be the bearings and if so, is there anything unusual about disassembling the phase converter motor. Am I correct that there is just a Rotor and bearings held between the end caps?

How loud is the average Phase Converter?

The only information I have is 7.5 HP and 30 Amps. Anderson has gone out of business and I am unable to find any documentation.

Thanks
JD
I took it apart this evening, nothing unusual inside, just a rotor with 2 bearings that need to be replaced. It looks like the manufacturer hacked the output shaft off with a sawsall. The bearings seem to be standard metric 6208 and 6205, I will replace them with rubber seals instead of metal.

Back