And I thought I'd seen in all on Craigslist

So you're saying I should start putting my old T5s on CL?

Depends on what they are.

Mustang V8 yes definitely.

S10 with cable speedometer drive yes.

Camaro/Firebird 82-92 V8 yes.

If you have any S10 1993 and newer world class the tail housing works to convert a Ford or Camaro trans to front shift. The trans itself isn't worth anything. 93 and newer has the Ford mounting pattern but I can use the tail housing off it.

If you have any of these let me know.

One V8 Mustang. But I doubt the owner will separate it from the rust heap of a car.

One S10, I believe.
T5-tag.jpg

The rest are Jeeps.

I would be interested in the S10 trans. They had 4 and 5 speeds then. If it has a shifter on it the knob will have the 5 speed pattern on it and you can verify that by shifting it.

Depending on how much you want to for it and where you are for shipping cost I may be interested in it.

No shifter, but it's definitely a non-WC T5; the selector guide plate and the bulge for 5th drive gear say so. Shipping would likely be more than the unit is worth, I'm in the opposite corner.

I've answered ads the same way and it seems to throw people off. You need to ask if you can come take a look at it first. And then you need to haggle. I've had sellers look disappointed when I just hand them the amount they put in the ad.

I hate CL, too many idiots. I had to use it recently, trying sell off some of late FIL's woodworking stuff. The MIL just sold the house after 53 years and the stuff has to go. I said in the ad in block letters, DO NOT TEXT - CALL ME. So of course I get about 45 text messages, that I will not respond to., so after 3 weeks of this, I gave all the stuff to Goodwill.

About a month ago, I see an ad for a Bridgeport milling machine, for $1500, so I call and make arrangement to go see it, expecting to see a pile of rusting crap. It was in excellent condition, very little wear, almost perfect, only it was a dovetail machine for making drawer sides. He said it was an industrial machine, so it was a Bridgeport milling machine, I chuckled all the way home.

Back