And another Atlas horizontal mill rebuild.

Atlas didn't start doing illustrated (exploded view) parts manuals until about 1946. So those pages aren't missing.

Correction - I do have MP-2 dated September, 1943. It has 8 pages. But the scan is poorly done and parts of most pages are so light as to be illegible. Which is why I never bothered to convert it to TIF, clean it up, convert it back to PDF and upload it. I think that you will find the copy of MMB-5 that's in Downloads is better than what you found on V-M. Same is true of most of the lathe manuals in our DOWNLOADS. Most people just don't know how to run a scanner. And don't have the editing software to fix some of what the scanner can't fix. How about scanning one page and emailing that to me. Or you can upload it to DOWNLOADS. Just don't scan it to JPG. TIF would be best.

Here's a question, when did Atlas stop selling the mill and what would be the final MF designation version?

This manual has 8 pages (4 double sided) and looks like at one time was stapled together. I'll scan the whole thing and send you what ever you want from it.

Thank you for your help R. Good night.

OK. I'll take the whole thing. Parts of almost every page in the PDF copy that I found somewhere are so light as to be illegible. But no hurry.

Question of the day,

Before I go looking in the download section. Maybe someone can tell me if there is a drawing of the table stop for the Atlas horizontal mill? Mine didn't come with one and the people selling them on eBay must think they are made out of gold. From the pictures I have seen, they don't look like they are too hard to make. But if I had a drawing I could whip one up and slap that baby on my mill.

Better to be safe than sorry with these mills and knowing me I would forget about the table feed. And the next thing I know, BAM and the table goes flying off!!! LoL

Also, does anyone know what the little stamp mark is on the serial number plate on the Atlas horizontal mill? I have one on mine and have seen them on other Atlas mills and some others don't have the stamp mark?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Orangecrush

Last edited:
Yes, there is a drawing of the table stop in the downloads section. If you go to downloads and search on wa5cab you will come up with all the craftsman and atlas stuff. There are also some simpler versions of the stop that people have come up with. I does not need to be as complicated as the original part.

I'm not sure if I am supposed to re-post files from the download section, so I won't. But if you search you will find it easily.

Steve,

If you are referring to the cross feed kickout, the only Kickout that we have the drawing of is the M1-64 (should have been MF-64 - some Atlas draftsman screwed up). It only fits the MFC. The ones that you need are MF-14 Kickout and MF-15 Bolt.. Call Clausing tomorrow and ask them to email you the drawings. (Of course, you first have to ask if they have the part. If they say no, THEN you ask for the drawing).

They probably have the drawings. But if not, let me know and next week after the rain stops I will open up the crate and get the dimensions off of mine, edit the M1-64 drawing to MF-14, and upload it. And the bolt.

Hello Robert,

I haven't had time to call Clausing yet because I have been busy working on my mill. Kick out/table stop MI/MF-64 is the one I downloaded from the forum yesterday. I was just going to make one up out of aluminum using the PDF version of the kick out and with a little modification it would probably work for my mill. From what I see in the PDF, they don't look like they are that hard to make.

But if you don't get rained out by the storm, and have some time to look in the crate. That would be great because I think a lot of us would like to know the dimensions of the MF-14 kick out. And if there is enough interest for them, I can probably make a few for those who might want one.

Which brings me to my next question. Can we use 2 of these kick outs for both sides of the table? My mill does not have the table stop that is part of the left handle assembly. The one you can adjust to make the table stop before it's too late!!! LoL Which is another thing I would like to make and don't see in any of the manuals I have downloaded.

Back