An Hour In The Shop On A Cold Morning...

You said in the OP its "handy" to have cylindrical squares. I picked one up in a box at a garage sale this summer. what are they on how to use c cylinderused for?

You can google Superior Tool to watch a video on using a cylinder square including one that is out-of-square. They also describe how they are made. There are many other useful videos also there.

You can google Superior Tool to watch a video on using a cylinder square including one that is out-of-square. They also describe how they are made. There are many other useful videos also there.
Yes, I loved that video. It surprised me that an out of square cylindrical "square" can be used as a square, just by orienting it properly.
and this one on how to repair cylindrical squares

I use it to check tram against the mill spindle. It's good for any round-to-round registration.

I bought mine from Shars.
Exactly what I wish I had one for the other day. Since I can do it with my indicator I won't buy one just yet but my mill was a bit of a pain to get the nod tuned in. I did have to make an arbor to mount my indicator in first tho.

Back