This started in the machine restoration forum as an effort to resurrect the X2 mill that serves as a base for my little CNC mill - http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/resusitating-some-chinese-iron.41544/ For those that don't want to go back through the scraping and re-cutting efforts - I got the mill from HF 7 years ago. It was a lemon, but I was just happy to have a mill at all and I was overly optimistic about fixing it. After about 5 years I added steppers and electronics to do some half-assed CNC. No machine modifications and stock screws. CNC definitely has some uses and I liked it well enough to do something about its short comings. I also got a G 759 to be able to make modifications with. A knee mill would have been nice, but where to put it even if I found one I could afford. So here is where I am now. The base has been trued. It was bent and twisted. I added 1.5" of steel to the front of the base. The base and saddle dovetails were recut to 60deg. The center opening was expanded to accept the nut of an import ball screw. The ways were scraped in. A new bearing block and motor mount was fabricated. The table dovetail and the 'X' side of the saddle was recut to 60deg and scraped. Today I fabbed a mount for the nut of the X-axis ball screw. Next I tackle the end caps for the table and the bearings for the screw. I also expect to get some balls in a few days to repack the X-axis nut.