• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Guest,  We want to wish You and Your Family a Healthy, Happy Thanksgiving! Click the "X" at the top right corner to remove this notice)
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Ammco 7 inch shaper AND a B.C. Ames benchtop table mill

Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Richard White (richardsrelics)

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Bought both at the same auction and they both work...
Shaper has tag stating approved by the war production board, mill is even older, both run on 110 and everything moves as it should.

Would like more info on the Ames if possible...pictures and videos to follow here soon once I get them off my phone

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
i always like to hear a regular guy getting something at the right price! ;)

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
well that's a lot better than a good price, bordering on theft ;)
seriously, you got a great deal!
i'm very happy for you. :)

T Bredehoft

Active User
Enjoy your Ames. I find pleasure running my Ames turret lathe. It only has stops, but was well designed for what it does.

They will be arriving at my home tomorrow morning, stored them at a friends house until I could finagle some room in my garage... need more room, 35 boat motors, one Logan 820 Lathe, 3 ton arbor press, drill press, one 8 foot work bench, one 4 foot workbench and my big phat butt....

Laytonnz

Very nice, can't wait to pick up some machines like that!

They just don't come up very often over here in NZ they're either ready for the scrap yard or so big that nobody wants them!

I went to check out a mill last week, what a beast.. it weighed in at almost 3 tons, to much for me to handle!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Posted the question of how to disable the hand crank and allow just the handle to move the table....So I got inquisitive and pulled the whole dang off, it was then that I found the sneaky set screw.... All is good now...yeah.... Now to figure out how to store those parts I just removed.....

Last edited:
[6]
5 [7]