Ammco 6'' shaper

btcc

Registered
Registered
I have a Ammco 6'' shaper that a friend of mine has given me a gift. This shaper had been brought to Greece from USA many years ago. She had never used it and had it in a warehouse. A few days ago when he opened his warehouse he called me and gave me for gift. The machine was in an excellent condition but some of its components are missing. First of all the motor is missing. I would like if someone in the possession of the same shaper to give me details about the motor power, the speed and the pulleys dimensions for the correct speed of the machine. The machine is from the early models and has pulleys with leather strap and wire feed. I want the dimensions of motor pulley and the dimensions from axle to shaper . The pulley on the shaper is on it .

Hi bttc,
you have yourself a rare find my friend.
i believe you have a Ammco/Delta 7" shaper
here is a link to lathes UK for more info on the great find!
http://www.lathes.co.uk/ammco/index.html

here is my shaper:
http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/delta-ammco-7-metal-shaper.51146/
my later model has a 1/3 hp 1725rpm single phase 115v motor

if you look in the Rockwell heading you'll see more examples of the same type of machine

if you need measurements to convert to an electric drive motor, i can provide them from my machine

sweet score!!!:drool::drool::drool:

Thank you very much for your replay , i know that my shaper is 7'' inch in actually . The label on it says that is 6'' but in actually is 7'' . My shaper is earlier model that i believe because has the cable mechanismh for auto feed . As i see on lathes uk is the same model . I want to make a vice for motor with axle and i dont know the dimensions of pulleys at the motor side . The other side that gives movement in shaper i believe that the pulleys is the same but with reverse fiding

20171011_191201.jpg

here is plans for a vise for our shapers in PDF form.
i hope they are useful to you somehow.
i also attached a contour cutting PDF too!

Attachments

• ShaperVise.pdf
    536.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 14899971-Atlas-7B-Shaper-Contour-Cutting.pdf
    720.8 KB · Views: 33
I want to make a vise for motor . The vise for table is on the table . I want to know the dimensions of pulleys if anyone has the same shaper for the correct speeds . i want to know the ratio of pulleys from the motor side . The v belt pulleys . I believe that the other pulley ( flat belt ) has the same dimensions that has the shaper . As i find in internet the motor speed in this model is 1450 rpm and 1.3 hp

Also if anyone has spare parts or optional tools like rotary table or other vise please let me know

Back