All plastic super glue.

Tozguy

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Just a heads up about this glue. I have been trying to find a glue that would work on the 'difficult' plastics like polyethylene and polypropylene. This (new ?) one from Lepage works much better than the regular all material glues they sell.

http://www.lepage.ca/en/lepage-products/super-glue/liquid-super-glue/super-glue-for-plastic.html

It works so well that it glues the plastic cap on tight after the first use. Ask me how I know.
So if you do get to use this glue for the first time, wipe the applicator tip off very well before twisting the cap back on or it will never come off again.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be looking for some locally.

I read all the information and can't see where is says anything about the use of the activator.

David

Thanks for the heads up. I will be looking for some locally.

I read all the information and can't see where is says anything about the use of the activator.

David
What I got from the product description is that you apply the activator like a primer coat and then apply the adhesive. No need to pre-mix.

Tom

That's right Tom. The activator is like a felt marker. It goes on each of the surfaces to be joined like a primer. It is clear and takes 60 secs. to dry before applying the glue.
The glue does not set as quickly as the common one part super glue that is sold everywhere (that sticks your fingers together in milliseconds). :)

TO thanks again for the info. Our local Canadian Tire had it in stock and I now am a proud owner just waiting for the opportunity.

David

Wowsers! Even bonds Teflon!!!!!! Gotta get me some o' that.

This glue has been around for years. And in my opinion does not work any better than super glue when put on plastics. And it’s more $. And the tube dry’s out after one use. I’m still looking for a glue for plastic. And I’m not getting any more optimistic! Sorry, but I would not waste your money…Dave.

This glue has been around for years. And in my opinion does not work any better than super glue when put on plastics. And it’s more $. And the tube dry’s out after one use. I’m still looking for a glue for plastic. And I’m not getting any more optimistic! Sorry, but I would not waste your money…Dave.
have you looked at "this to that" web site ?

Back