Align Power Table Feed For Mill Drill Rf-30

heli_av8tor

Registered
Registered
Anyone know the difference between the Align models AL-99SP and AL-200SX Power Table Feeds for the Enco RF-30 Mill Drill?

I'm looking at the ones sold by Wholesale Tools. They look identical. I've been unable to locate any info on-line. An email to Wholesale Tools got the response that "One is name brand", though they are obviously made by the same company.

Thanks in advance

Durn ... you're right about there being a scarcity of information! Looked at Align's website, and most searches led me to pages entirely in Chinese. Did manage to find the manual for the Al-200S, which I would hope would be similar:
http://www.align.com.tw/ManuaLib/powerfeed/G00391A-200S.pdf

Looking at wttool's pages on the two feeds, the only difference I could find was that the the AL-99SP (Meda brand/WT import) claims an RPM range of 0-200. The Align AL-200SX claims an RPM range of 0-165 RPM, with a rapid speed of 240 RPM. Both claim 165 inch lbs of torque. Both pages refer to catalog page 153. Had a difficult time getting there, but no additional info.

A couple of years ago, I bought a used Grizzly mill/drill with an AL-99 on board, but this one was actually made by Align. The motor was shot, and I couldn't get replacement parts for what was now a museum piece. So I cobbled together a drill motor and speed control to drive it. I get the feeling that the motor failure was not the result of a flaw in the drive, but no strong evidence either way. My best guess is that Align sold the AL-99 design to some other branch of China, Inc., then made a few improvements (possibly the electronics) and renamed it AL-200SX. But again, that's just speculation.

PS - among my search results was a vendor of replacement parts for Align table feeds:
http://www.gromax-usa.com/supplies/powerfeed/Most_Common_Replaced_Parts_N.pdf
Note that they list parts for the AL-99, but not the AL-200.

Good luck!

I bought an Align AL-500D from Enco for my RF-31 - fits fine, works fine. With the 20% discount, it was under $300.00 at the time. I'm not sure about the 200SX - looks very much the same except the color, knobs a bit different.

Edit: it seems Jet sells the 500D for $750.00 on Amazon. That is one expensive paint job they have there - wonder if its worth the $550 extra over a standard colored AL-500D.

Last edited:
Thank you both for your info. I found a sight that listed models AL-99SP and AL-200SX and it stated they both were replaced by the AL-500D.
The 500D is also on Align's website so it should be a current model. I found it on Grizzly's sight for $415 and Bestline Products for $375.

I thought I would make one and ordered a new Jazzy wheelchair motor and transmission. It turned out to be much larger than I thought and weighed a 1/2 ton. Torque would not have been an issue.

I ordered it today.
Thanks again,
Tom

Update: I received the AL-500D from Bestline Products. They shipped quickly and kept me updated by email with tracking, etc.
It appears to be a quality product. Installation went smoothly and it runs great. Plenty of power and speed.

This product was marked: Made in Taiwan. I suspect the other models are Chinese.

Now I have a new Jazzy Wheelchair motor and speed controller for sale :)

A DRO for my lathe and RF-30 arrive Monday to complete the upgrades.

Tom

I have a Grizzly G0759 mill. Does anyone know if the Align 500D will fit my mill? Are there any modifications I need to make?

Back