Air Hose crimp tool.

Mark could you post a picture or diagram.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

20170703_095547_HDR_resized.jpg
I made these from a scrap block of steel by drilling the hole, sawing in half, and filing the "V"s. Took me about 15 minutes to make.

20170703_095557_HDR_resized.jpg
Here is a ferrule clamped using these blocks in a vise. I like the brass ferrules because there are no sharp edges or protrusions to snag you or anything else.

You can buy a tool like this commercially ( but it is so easy to make, I can't imagine why anyone would ). The commercial ones have a 1/4" rod bent in a "U" shape for a handle and a block mounted on each end. The advantage to doing this is it is easier to keep everything aligned and you can also use it with a hammer instead of a vise.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

View attachment 236805
I made these from a scrap block of steel by drilling the hole, sawing in half, and filing the "V"s. Took me about 15 minutes to make.

View attachment 236806
Here is a ferrule clamped using these blocks in a vise. I like the brass ferrules because there are no sharp edges or protrusions to snag you or anything else.

You can buy a tool like this commercially ( but it is so easy to make, I can't imagine why anyone would ). The commercial ones have a 1/4" rod bent in a "U" shape for a handle and a block mounted on each end. The advantage to doing this is it is easier to keep everything aligned and you can also use it with a hammer instead of a vise.

Yeah, that looks like the reworked jaws on the vice grip I mentioned earlier ... we used them on ferrules like your pix, and on simple aluminum rings.

Yeah, that looks like the reworked jaws on the vice grip I mentioned earlier ... we used them on ferrules like your pix, and on simple aluminum rings.
Difference is mine was free and works just as good. I get the brass ferrules at the local auto parts store.

Back