Aftermarket Rotary Table

Green Frog

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Has anyone found a satisfactory rotary table to use on the little table of Atlas Horizontal Mill? The price of originals is somewhere between investment grade and obscene, and I would kinda like one to use, not to keep in my safe. I've seen mention of a few from time to time and I'm thinking that one of the tilting type that goes up to 90º so I could get it perpendicular to the spindle...

Any and all suggestions, especially those with personal experience will be received gratefully and with enthusiasm.

:frog:

If you don't project having much use for the angles in between 0 and 90 degrees, you may be better off looking for a rotary table that can be bolted to the mill table with the rotary table vertical. If nothing else, it should be less expensive. I have one that I found at Wholesale Tool, but it is a specialty item with a small 3-jaw chuck instead of a slotted round table. So probably not what you need.

wa5cab, I was wondering about that, since I know I need a good angle plate too. I'll look at those a little more closely now. westsailpat, have you actually used one or the other of these? At the prices they are bringing, I'm wondering how good they will be(?) Thanks for the responses, guys... does anyone else have insights to provide to me (and of course to Steve ;) ) ?

To answer your question GF , no I haven't used one . I did at one time own a Phase II rotary table ( Chinese ) It was pretty good , but it did have a spot where it would drag . I have no idea what those ones from India are like , but that one for $ 65 .00 , how could you go wrong ? I'm thinking about that one to put on my milling attachment .

Another nice thing with a verticle rotary table is that with a chuck mounted you can index a shaft or part. Add a tailstock and you can make gear or splines etc. etc.

Another nice thing with a verticle rotary table is that with a chuck mounted you can index a shaft or part. Add a tailstock and you can make gear or splines etc. etc.

I'm looking at some parts of a spindexer with the idea of making a sort of an indexing fixture, along with a matching tailstock, for the mill. I still think that a rotary table would be a useful thing to have along with the MFC, but to be honest, I really don't know enough about it to know how I would be putting it to use. I think those little 3 or 4" tables would make a cute addition, even if I don't know what it does! :D I guess I'll really get more use out of the 1-2-3 blocks I just bought and the angle plate I'm looking for. At least I know how they work!!:rolleyes:

:frog:

Back