Advice/procedure for replacing/adjusting belt on harbor Freight Mini Lathe 93212

Check out this mod:
It would also help to relocate the controller box for easy access to belt adjuster.
Also, I recommend this mod:
Thanks.
I saw that hinge mod but I'm not sure I understand how, after installing it, you adjust the tension.
Are they just reusing the one upper vertically aligned screw for that?

I'll check out that second one.
Thanks!

Thanks.
I saw that hinge mod but I'm not sure I understand how, after installing it, you adjust the tension.
Are they just reusing the one upper vertically aligned screw for that?

I'll check out that second one.
Thanks!
You are right, the PDF doesn't appear to show how the belt tension is set. I don't think it is just the weight of the motor (but maybe it is!). I'll make an inquiry to folks in that forum to see if anyone has done the mod.

I did inquire if anyone on the groups.io mini-lathe forum had done this particular mod. Yes: and as expected the tension is set by a screw and locknut installed in the top vertical hole. Clearance between the lead screw and tension-adjusting screw is minimal so it might be necessary to cut the adjuster screw's length down until it clears. If you (for some reason) want to adjust the tension without removing the lead screw, don't use a set screw (or slotted-head or Philips) because the lead screw blocks access to the top of the screw. Use one you can get a box wrench on.

Back