Adjustable Angle Base For Vise - Id Please?

leeko

Registered
Registered
Hi all,

On a recent craigslist pickup, i spied a sorry looking adjustable angle milling vise on the guy's shelf. The vise itself was in sorry shape, and didn't look to be good enough quality to be worth saving. I asked if he'd sell the angle base alone, and he agreed. I walked out of there very happy :)

I got around to cleaning it up this morning, and it looks to be well made and in great condition. It adjusts from -10 to +90 degrees. It also has an integrated 360 degree swivel base built into the platen.

Question 1) I googled, but didn't see any similar units and there are no manufacturers marks i can see. Does anyone recognise this style?

Question 2) i thought i had a 3" or 4" mill vise to mount on this, but it turns out the one i have is a 5", and bigger/heavier than i remember. The hole in the vise fits the swivel pin on the base just fine, but the mounting holes are too wide so it'd need an adaptor plate and I'm not sure how much weight these things can reasonably handle. Does anyone have thoughts on whether this vise is too big? I'm leaning towards selling it and picking up a smaller vise, but it would be good to hear from those with some experience.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

14723964850580.jpg

14723965238612.jpg

14723965024541.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Back