Adding An Indicator To An Adjustable Table

Matthew Gregory

Active User
Registered
Hey gang,
I've got to make an adjustable table/work rest for my belt grinder, and I'm looking for a way to set repeatable angles with the top plate. I've considered using touch marks as rough identifiers, but the problem with this is that things could easily get muddled in my head. Anyone know of an add-on miter gauge or a dial of some sort that I could bolt on/adhere and then index as I see fit?

This is sort of what I'm thinking...

21258981192_d63075ae86_c.jpg

21258981192_d63075ae86_c.jpg

That was my thought, as well, but I figured someone might know of a source for nifty things like this.

I meant to add that I've found 3" adhesive backed protractor dials in McMaster-Carr's catalog, but I need this to be quite a bit smaller. I'm thinking and inch or thereabouts...

Last edited:
All good suggestions, guys. kd4gij, I'm trying to avoid needing something like that. I've used them in the past, and they certainly work, but it adds yet one more step, whereas I'm hoping to have an adjustable lever handle on this. Loosen, index, tighten, go! Sounds like it wouldn't be such a big deal, but the smoother you can keep the workflow going, the better.

...did I mention I have a habit of dropping stuff in the spark bucket full of water directly underneath the grinder?:eek::grin:

Fabrikator, that just might work, assuming I can't find a dial type small enough.

Do you have an indexer of some type? You probably know where I am going here.

...think I might have found my huckleberry...

yhst-80406265079512_2246_183126.jpg

yhst-80406265079512_2246_183126.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back