A2Z Tool Post

BlacksmithED

Registered
Registered
I have an A2Z tool post I purchased years age and want to buy more tool holders for it, but don't know what kind to get to fit it. I purchased an Accusize 250-002 from Amazon thinking it would fit, but it doesn't. Anyone here know where to get them? I'm using it on a small Craftsman model maker's lathe.

Little Machine Shop still lists them although it looks like they're on backorder.

Well, that's strange. I searched for A2Z there the other day and nothing came up.
I believe that, possibly because they no longer carry the actual tool posts but they do still list holders that will fit. At least that’s my best guess. I have the same tool post although I rarely use it anymore, I also made my own extra holders a while back. Weren’t that difficult, but a you do kind of need a milling machine or a shaper for the dovetail part.

-frank
1639414603160.png

Here are some dimensions from the LMS OXA QCTP and Holder. If the dimensions of your A2Z QCTP and Holders are similar you should be able to order the LMS OXA holders.
IMG_7113 2.jpgIMG_7114.JPG

Yeah, the A2Z dimensions are just enough off to stop you from sourcing "common" holders...Dovetail 0.948” inside, 1.130” widest

I guess I'll either wait for Little Machine shop to get them in again, or wait till I get my Bridgeport and make them.

Back